Swine Flu

Well, as you all probably know we have been really sick around here. Today is the first time in 7 days that I don't feel like I'm dying. I have been DF (drug free) for 12 hours!!! I have never taken so much ibuprofen in my life. I guess that is what we get for thinking everyone was overreacting about this swine flu thing. Like it's just the flu right! Wrong. We don't know for sure but it seems like that is what we have had. Both my girls developed pneumonia (a word I can now text with ease) . Poor Paige has been sick for 4 weeks total now. Practically her whole summer out here in NY! She has been a real trouper though, she has managed a few vacations, play practices, horse lessons and much more, which is why I probably didn't think she was really that sick. That girl is great at not complaining unlike her mom. But, when she spiked a fever last weekend over camping I said that was all I could take, I was taking her to the doctors. I am glad I did! The girls big play is in two weeks and with out any further infections we should be healthy and ready for that. Whew! Although I have enjoyed the meals my friends have made for us and the help with the kids, nothing can beat the feeling of being flu-free! I look forward to the rest of the summer and my final camping trip with my friends. Please wish me luck. It seems our summer has had a black cloud over it. But as a famous person once said (for all you quote people out there) "That that does not kill us, makes us stronger" anyone care to guess who that was? mom? Signing off to enjoy a beautiful summer weekend, maybe even some Shakespear in the Park!

3 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
Should have proof read my first comment ;)
Isn't that a lyric from a Kanye West song??
Sorry to hear about the illnesses; Poor Paige! Probably some bug you guys picked up in Ohio ;) LOL Just Kidding.
I think someone more famous said it first nice try though.
Post a Comment
<< Home