Saturday, January 27, 2007

winter news

Well, we are finally having winter here! But, I can't say that we are really enjoying it. First we had a huge ice storm which left us without power for several hours. We were managing pretty well with our gas heater and candles, only our basement was flooding with water and reaching a critical level by the hour. It got so bad that Josh finally broke down and bought a generator to run the sump pump on. No sooner than we had the thing plugged in, the power goes back on! Just what we figured would happen.
Around the same time, Josh finally (we knew it was only a matter of time) hit a deer on our road, really smashing in the hood of his car. I guess it came running out of nowhere and was flung up into the air. Josh thought it was heading right into the car, instead it landed on the other side of the rode! Although the car will be off the road for weeks, the deer walked off.
If we go by the theory that bad things always happen in threes, I guess (my emergency trip to the hospital counted in) we should be off the hook for a while .
As for other news, I have staying at home while Josh uses the van for work ( except for our weekly ice-skating and home school group). It is a much needed reprieve after the hustlea and bustle of the holidays. We have been enjoying our toys from Christmas and really getting a lot of school done.
We made a short weekend trip to see Mark and Joanie in Ohio. Mark was having a grand opening for his new tax business it is called On-the-Mark tax service(check out his web-site if you want). It was a fun yet exhausting weekend. We went to an exceptional book store in the German Village(Columbus) from which we picked up some good classics. I, myself have been stuck on reading some of Daniel Defoe's works. GOOD STUFF!!! I started with Robinson Crusoe and am now onto Moll Flanders and then I have my eye on The Journal of The Plague Year, if I don't tire by then. My kids have finally made a reader out of me. We finished the trip off at the Columbus Science Center( COSO) which was well worth the time. All in all, Columbus looked like a really neat place to live.
As for Josh, he has been busy coaching Madison's basketball team, leading them in two wins, running an all night poker tournament at the Elks, and taking in a Sabres Hockey game with friends. He is still with Brighton Securities but he seems to be forever contriving new plans for his employment.
With all this going on, you can be sure there is never a dull moment around here. But, isn't that what its all about anyway. Living life to its fullest?


Until next time, The Dents

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home