Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thought for the week?

I was thinking that it might be fun for us all to take turns and post a quote for the week. I was thinking a week would be good, as I am sure we won't get it done any quicker than that. What inspired me is that I read a quote today from one of my scrapbooking preprinted quotes you paste on your pages.

"If children grew up according to early indications, we should have nothing but geniuses." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

p.s. And for those of you who don't remember high school literature, Goethe was a German writer who lived from 1749–1832 and whose claim to fame was his literary drama, Faust.

mom

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

"The fruit of faith is love and the fruit of love is service." By Blessed Mother Theresa.

I love this quote of hers. I have it on my fridge. It reminds me to be of service. Serving others is what I want to do more. I tend to be very selfish though. I watched a great kids video on Mother Theresa and it really showed how she served and simply LOVED others - unconditionally!

7:09 PM  
Blogger The Halls said...

When i read anything of hers, I cannot help but wonder HOW...how did she do it? Each and every time. It seems as if without thinking. It was like breathing to her. HOW??? mom

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home