Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mom's Goals

Well, my goal is about the same as Jen's. I too will be acclaimed by cheering and waiting ( a long time waiting) family and friends. I am walking 1-3 miles per day at least 5 days a week and want to loose 2# each week. I am going to walk only but very fast the 5 K. See you all there!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

i will walk with whoever is walking the 5K....ive been walking 4 miles a day about 4-6 days a week!!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger The Halls said...

Week Two

Well, as most of you know, we are computer-less for awhile, so my posts will be few and far between I suppose.

I am doing very well at our challenge, in regrads to my wieght loss goals, but not as good as I had hoped. Perhaps I set my goal too high. My usual rate of weight loss is 1# a week, but I wanted to challenge myself, so I uped the anty to 2# a week. Looks like I have bit off too much, as my loss so far is my usual, same old 1# per week. I guess that is better than gaining. ;}

I am dong fine on the walking part, except for a couple days of pouring down rain. If I do not get on the road and walk, I have been working out with our exercise video. I also have been working extremely hard in the gardens, hauling, hoeing, etc.

I am going to re-devote my self to being more conscientious this week about food and snacking and sweets. Maybe I can get to that 2# loss goal, if I try harder. I will let you all know next time I get to post. Hang in there all of you. This is harder than it looks. mom

9:02 PM  
Blogger The Halls said...

Week 3

I am a bit late on this week's post, but our server is still down.

My loss is VERY slow. I am loosing, but it is slow. I need to add exercise, but I am not getting to get out to walk as often as I'd like due to the weather. It rained every day last week, that I was able to walk, and was nice the other days when I was busy elsewhere or elsewise.

Lots of people have commented on how skinny I am looking, so something must be happening. I also am in a size 8 now, so that should prove something. But I am only loosing 1# per week.

I eat a small breakfast, a small lunch and a
regular sized dinner. I drink a lot (no not booze!) and limit my sweets to maybe 1 small something a week. I guess I am resigned to be more patient and to try to get out and exercise more!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home