Ok - so tonight we are having Beef Stew. I actually made it last night but no one but Darren ate it (I wanted leftover chili!) so we are going to have it tonight. :) I just put some beef stew meat in crockpot with some water. Let it simmer most of day. Then about 2 hrs before serving added a bunch of carrots and potatoes and a thing of onion soup mix. Easy and yummy!
Darren just got it at the Super Wal-Mart - although I found this online: What is Self-rising flour?
Self-rising flour is all-purpose flour with added salt and leavening (baking powder).
You will notice that recipes that call for self-rising flour do not call for baking powder.
Make your own self-rising flour
For 1 cup self-rising flour use:
1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder a pinch of salt.
Just any old beer. I found an old bottle in the frige and used that. It is like your yeast. I thought this recipe would be good for those allergy people out there as it is non-dairy and non-egg.
Here are the meals I made the other day. Maybe some of them will inspire you. I think I will have chili and beer bread tonight, sounds so good. Shepards pie Stuffed peppers lazagna manicotti(spinach) tuna noodle cass chx pot pie meatloaf Not to creative but good!!! .The other night I made this pineapple chicken from the "Taste of Home" cookbook. It was really unique.
I was thinking of making it with herbs and cheese. It is very crunchy and so it is good with like soup or chili.
What are you making for dinner tonight?
We are having Euchre Club so we just bought some Wal-Mart deli pizzas. They are very good. We also are going to have some corn/bean salsa. We get it from the coop and it is very good. Could be a little spicer for me though.
7 Comments:
Ok - so tonight we are having Beef Stew. I actually made it last night but no one but Darren ate it (I wanted leftover chili!) so we are going to have it tonight. :) I just put some beef stew meat in crockpot with some water. Let it simmer most of day. Then about 2 hrs before serving added a bunch of carrots and potatoes and a thing of onion soup mix. Easy and yummy!
J
Ok... This Beer Bread is so yummy and quick and easy to make.
Take 3 1/2 cups of Self-rising flower, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 can of beer. Mix and put into bread pan. Bake at 350 for 45 mins.
It has a very hard crusty outside and a softer inside. GREAT for Chili!
J
what is self rising flour and where can I get it?
does brand or type of beer matter?
mom... finally a use for all of that old beer you had in the basement fridge
Darren just got it at the Super Wal-Mart - although I found this online: What is Self-rising flour?
Self-rising flour is all-purpose flour with added salt and leavening (baking powder).
You will notice that recipes that call for self-rising flour do not call for baking powder.
Make your own self-rising flour
For 1 cup self-rising flour use:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt.
Just any old beer. I found an old bottle in the frige and used that. It is like your yeast. I thought this recipe would be good for those allergy people out there as it is non-dairy and non-egg.
Jen
Here are the meals I made the other day. Maybe some of them will inspire you. I think I will have chili and beer bread tonight, sounds so good.
Shepards pie
Stuffed peppers
lazagna
manicotti(spinach)
tuna noodle cass
chx pot pie
meatloaf
Not to creative but good!!! .The other night I made this pineapple chicken from the "Taste of Home" cookbook. It was really unique.
Bread was great! Thanks for the recipe.
I was thinking of making it with herbs and cheese. It is very crunchy and so it is good with like soup or chili.
What are you making for dinner tonight?
We are having Euchre Club so we just bought some Wal-Mart deli pizzas. They are very good.
We also are going to have some corn/bean salsa. We get it from the coop and it is very good. Could be a little spicer for me though.
Jen
Post a Comment
<< Home